Saturday, June 20, 2009

Murphy Law

MURPHY LAW broadly states "If there is a worse time for something to go wrong, it will happen then." And when i correlate it with my present situation, i find it to be so true. On my very first blog i maintained that even after 9-10 months i was not burdened with much work in SISO. But guess what, i am right now in Office!!! No, it's not because i am entrusted with a huge responsibility which made me come to office on Saturday. I still spend a lot of idle time in my office during weekdays with not much to do and this week was no different. Then what the hell am i doing in office???? Vindicating "MURPHY LAW", huh!!!

I was supposed to go to some "Hogenakkal" fall today with a small group (small in terms of numbers but some of them are small in stature also). It's in Tamil Nadu -150 Km from here. I had (or is it have) not been out of 'Bengaluru' for quite some and saw this a perfect opportunity to have some real fun. But as luck would have it, my manager (In fact my Manager's manager) shot a mail on Friday evening asking all my team mates to waste their weekend in office for some code copying and building....Bull****. Why the heck did he not provide us with the necessary details on Friday itself or any other day for that matter?? For past 6 weeks I had not been coming to office on Saturday but we did not plan to go anywhere. And finally when the plan was materialized i was left in the lurch!!!

Without even thinking twice i may put the whole blame on my manager. After all, he could easily have arranged for the code on Friday. That would have definitely solved my problem!!! Aha, but "MURPHY LAW" says that "Every solution breeds new problems." That implies no matter what, i was destined to spend my weekend in office. So, it's better to left the things to themselves, right?. But that reminds me of yet another "MURPHY LAW" -Left to themselves, things tend to go from bad to worse. So the real culprit seems to be "Murphy Law".

The fact is, however hard we try, this law will always haunt us. In case, we have a competition to decide which person has come up with a law that is most universally acceptable, Edward Aloysius Murphy- the mastermind behind Murphy Law- will give others (such as Albert Einstein or Sir Issac Newton) a run for their money. So, instead of letting the things to themselves we would be better off letting the things to the mercy of "Murphy Law".

No comments:

Post a Comment