Saturday, May 30, 2009

Another Mission

What the heck in this world is impossible for me...Nothing!!! (I may be sounding a bit arrogant).But how many of those things i have achieved....Again Nothing!!! (This time i am trying to be a bit humble,right?).

All through my life,both on personal front and in terms of my career,i have always set high standards for myself but never i am able to reach within sniffing distance of meeting the standards. Lets keep aside my personal life out of this piece.I was expected-the expectation was in no sense a nonsense-to come out with flying colors in my class X board exams with no other even in my vicinity.I was the topper of my batch continuously for 6 long years!!! But when it mattered most i failed to deliver. Next mission was "IIT JEE". It could have been well within my reach considering that i was very good in 'Maths' (Ah..again a bit arrogant) and good enough in 'Physics' and 'Chemistry'. But as luck would have it-thanks to my mathematics score,the subject i used to boast of-i was so near and yet so far(I did qualify JEE exams but my rank did not allow me to make into any of the IIT colleges,though i take pride in being a BIT alumni).

Mission Impossible III(though it did not seem to be impossible at that time) was getting into 'Oracle'(Though it seem OK to me that finally i am placed in SISO). And quite incredibly i was unable to get past the first round(This time i have crossed all limit in showing my arrogance...Sorry) let alone make into it. The aptitude test did me in.

Now here i am ready to go for my another mission-CAT 2009.I am trying everything what it takes to score a good percentile(see, i have started spending some time on writing also to improve my fragile English) boasting yet again of my mathematical skills. I am keeping my fingers crossed and hoping against all hopes. Let there is a change in my fortune so that i don't have to rename this mission of mine as 'MI-4'.

3 comments:

  1. very honest . but a bit cynic ... to be exact -fatalist ( word yaad aa gaya - good word )
    and my belief is to never mention goals before achieving them ...may be that'll help in your latest endeavour .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your suggestion..i will bear that in mind

    ReplyDelete
  3. As SRK,in 1 of his glossy movie (though i think all of his films are equally glossy and superficial, except may be swadesh), famously uttered,
    "itni shiddat se maine tumhe paane ki koshish ki hai ki har zarre ne mujhe tumse milane ki koshish ki hai....kehte hai agar kisi cheez ko dil se chaaho toh poori kaynath tumhein usse milane ki koshish mein lag jaati hai..."



    so .... wanna top rank in IIM, thn dil se chaho nd hope the kaynath conspires in favour of u. Though sadly it is no longer working fr the king khan or has he left "siddat se" KKR ko jitana ki koshish ??

    ur guess is as good as mine!

    bt 1 thing saki, whether u got wt u dreamt or u dinn.... u hv always bettered ur previous acheivements. My best wishes are always with u......... nd u knw dat!

    ReplyDelete