Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Last 9 Months!!!

Well,well,well...Here i am,trying my hand at writing blogs thanks to all the idle time i spent in my office. To be very true this writing thing has never been my cup of tea but then there are times when you need to re-invent yourself.

To start with,the first and foremost thing which i would like to mention is that Silicon Valley of India did not live up to my expectations.May be my expectations were higher or something else,i don't know.Nevertheless, there are things which i owe to Bengaluru.

I landed Bangalore on that fateful day of 25-07-2008 with six serial blasts marking my arrival.Just like others(Who were also going to join as freshers in SISO) i related it to a mere co-incidence.Now first few days in Bangalore(To be more precise in Diamond District-the place where we freshers were put up for 1st month) was more than a dream come true.I was sort of back to my college days having full of "masti and mazza" with no responsibility whatsoever.The time was simply flying by with each passing day bringing in more and more fun.But that 'Honymoon Period" did not last long and its end marked a beginning-my beginning as a full-time software engineer.I had to change myself a lot during this period- from September 2008 to May 2009.Last 8 months or so has been a good learning experience for me.From the college lad to a professional in an MNC is never so easy.Things are not as they used to be.It's not that i don't have enough friends here or i don't get enough time after my office work (In fact, as i mentioned in the beginning i have all time of the day), but somehow i miss the charm and excitement of being a college student.

9 months have passed since i joined SISO (Samsung India Software Operations). I have not changed much technically (since i am in a product based company, i expected to learn lots of technical stuff) because the mismanagement in the company provide me all time of the day(it's always easier to put blame on others) but as a person i have changed.People say there are somethings beyond your control and now i realize how true this can be.My priorities have changed and my ultimate aim pretty much clear to me.

All in all these 9 months have seen both ups and downs but still very much eventful for reasons known only to me.

5 comments:

  1. why is that period called the honymoon ??
    kya kiya tha un dino ??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mate...you very well know what should a person do in Honeymoon...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i had no idea that u guys have free time in the office...anyways nice to see that yet an another friend of mine turns to the blogosphere..

    ReplyDelete